The Fallen Tower
Step One: Concept and Identity
- Decide identity, motivation, and concept.
- Choose Affiliation from one of the Traditions or Disparate Crafts. You may choose to be a ex-member of a Technocratic Convention.
- Choose Essence, and archetypes.
Step Two: Select Attributes
- Place initial dots into each Attribute.
- Prioritize primary, secondary, and tertiary Attribute categories (8/6/4).
- Rate Physical Traits: Strength, Dexterity, Stamina.
- Rate Social Traits: Charisma, Manipulation, Appearance.
- Rate Mental Traits: Perception, Intelligence, Wits.
- No Attribute may be higher than 5 at this stage.
Step Three: Select Abilities
- Prioritize Abilities as above (19/13/7).
- Choose Talents, Skills, Knowledges.
- Check Secondary Abilities for specialized Traits.
- No Ability may be higher than 5 at this stage.
Step Four: Select Backgrounds
- Choose Backgrounds (10).
- No Background may be higher than 5 at this stage.
- Define focus (paradigm, practice, instruments).
Step Five: Finishing Touches
- Record Spheres (11, with the Affinity Sphere receiving the first dot).
- Record beginning Arete (2), Willpower (5), Quintessence (Avatar rating) and Paradox (0).
- Spend freebie points (30).
- Optional: Select flaws (max: 13), purchase merits (see pp. 642).
- No Willpower may be higher than 8 at this stage. No Arete may be higher than 5 at this stage.
- Describe appearance/ impression, quirks, culture, beliefs, Avatar, motivations, identity.
- Attribute: 5 per dot
- Ability: 2 per dot
- Background: 1 per dot
- Sphere: 7 per dot
- Arete: 4 per dot (Max. Total: 5)
- Willpower: 1 per dot (Max. Total: 8)
- Quintessence: 1 per four dots
- Merit: cost as per Merit
- Flaw: bonus as per Flaw (Max. Total: 13)